One of the most difficult aspects of running a business is growing it at a manageable rate while controlling costs. Business needs change quickly for many reasons. Let’s take a look at 5 reasons why partnering with a reputable workforce solutions provider can help you manage this change.
- Increased Flexibility – According to the American Staffing Association (ASA), 9 out of 10 businesses rate flexibility as an important reason to partner with a workforce solutions provider, saying that it helps them keep fully staffed during busy times. This is true for every business. Today, all companies have to meet market demands quickly within budget and on-deadline. The staffing solutions provided by workforce solutions providers offer quick, reliable support for a myriad of short-term and long-term staffing needs.
- Control costs – workforce solution providers can reduce overhead and overall help manage operating costs. Employing temporary workers allows you to leverage their experience and skills without having to increase payroll costs, which can easily exceed 30% of an employee’s salary, according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS). In addition, overtime costs, including lost productivity and increased workers compensation expenses, are cut substantially
- Risk Reduction – The hiring cycle is laden with risks. Workforce solution providers can help their clients avoid the risk of a bad hire, which can cost a company 1.5x to 3.5x (or more) of an employee’s annual salary. Providers offer qualified, pre-screened candidates and can assist with all aspects of the hiring process.
- Legal Know-How – Workforce solution providers are well-versed in employment law, so they are an invaluable source of knowledge regarding federal, state, and local regulations, as well as workers compensation guidelines. Through their knowledge, you can be confident that you are adhering to best practices in all aspects of the hiring process.
- Time: Time is probably your most precious commodity as you grow your business. It takes (on average) 8 weeks to recruit, screen, interview, and hire a new employee. During this time, workplace productivity suffers, since other employees have to fill the “gap” left by the exiting worker, usually with no knowledge of the processes involved and with little training. Workforce solution providers can provide the skilled employees needed, so training time decreases, as well as handling all related time-intensive tasks like processing and administering payroll and benefits.
Snelling’s temporary staffing solutions and direct hire solutions gives your company access to the best-fit people you need, just when you need them. Visit our web site or your local Snelling office so our experienced office staff can partner with you in order to increase your flexibility, reduce your risk, control costs and free up the time needed to focus on your business.