The year 2015 is almost ¼ of the way though. If you have started looking for a job this year – and have had no luck – it may be time to revamp and regroup. Ask yourself…are you barking up the wrong tree? Are you looking for a job that (quite frankly) that no one is looking to fill?
To ensure success, you need to focus on those jobs that are in high demand and align your skills with what is required.
To help you along this, we have compiled the ultimate job list for 2015; everything you need to know (in list form) to successfully land your next best job.
Best Paying Flexible Jobs of 2015
This includes the most flexible jobs (according to Forbes magazine) in terms of schedule flexibility, and the percentage that can telecommute (i.e. work from home).
- Solutions Architect
- Senior Program Director, IT
- Sales Director
- Regional Manager
- Implementation Consultant
- Lead Applications Developer
- Management Consultant
- Data Scientist, IT
- National / Strategic Account Manager
- Auditing Manager
Most plentiful jobs
This includes those professions where the job of posted jobs significantly outnumbers the number of people who are hired. This highlights where companies are struggling to find talent. And where companies struggle, opportunities exist.
- Marketing Executive
- Applications Software Developer
- Registered Nurse
- Industrial Engineer
- Network and Computer System Administrator
- Web Developer
- Medical and Health Services Director
- Physical Therapist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Sales Manager
10 Entry Level Jobs with Big Growth Potential
These jobs (gathered by Salary.com) are appropriate for recent college grads looking to enter the work place. They also have reasonable starting salaries and excellent growth potential.
- Graphic Designer
- Financial Analyst
- Sales Representative
- Human Resource Assistant
- Public Relations Assistant
- Web Designer
- Marketing Coordinator
- Computer Programmer
- Database Analyst
Top Jobs that do not require college degree
Not all jobs require a college degree; they may (however) require some level of additional training. This list is a compilation of the best paying jobs that do not require a bachelor’s degree.
- Truck Driver
- Merchandise Displayer and Window Trimmer
- Sales Representative (for wholesale and manufacturing)
- Purchasing Manager
- Medical Records & Health Information Technician
- Demonstrator and Product Promoter
Top Bachelor’s Degrees that will help you get hired
If you are in the college, there are certain degrees that will provide you with a larger payback.
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Sciences & Systems
- Logistics & Supply Chains
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
Top Certifications that will help you get hired
Education does not stop once you walk across the stage in your cap and gown. To continue on your career path and be promoted, you need additional training. Here are the certifications that provide the largest payback.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Certified Registered Nurse
- Certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Basic Life Support
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration Certification (OSHA)
- Food Safety Programs (HACCP)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- First Aid certification
When it comes to finding your best – fit job, it is better to focus your efforts on where the jobs are. However, give yourself an even better leg up by registering with Snelling! We have strong relationships with your area’s leading employers and we know where the jobs are…in your back yard. So check out our available temporary jobs and direct hire positions.