Snelling Staffing has an immediate need for a Plumbing and Refrigeration Technician for a local Kalamazoo Company. The Plumbing and Refrigeration Technician will be responsible for assembling heat exchanger packages and chillers. They will also check and confirm work in accordance with job specifications, procedures, quality standards and checklists.
Shift: First and second shifts available
Responsibilities of a Plumbing and Refrigeration Technician:
- Read and interpret bills of materials (BOM) and blueprints
- Check the parts against the bill of material to confirm that all parts are received and correct; check serial numbers, voltage, phase, etc.
- Understand and develop the layout for the wiring of chillers
- Drill and punch holes for mounting eboxes and fittings
- Mount eboxes on chiller units
- Wires machine electrical components to the ebox
- Check wire connections to ensure connections are tight
- Confirm quality, i.e. check dimensions according to print, check for special wiring specifications
- Accurately complete checklist
- Safely operate forklift and/or other lift equipment
- Observe all company rules and policies, i.e. safety, 5S, attendance
- Suggest design and procedure improvements that improve quality, productivity, and reduce cost
Requirements of a Plumbing and Refrigeration Technician:
• Read and interpret bills of materials (BOM) and blueprints
• Check the parts against the bill of material to confirm that all parts are received and correct; check serial numbers, voltage, phase, etc.
• Plan and layout complex and prototype units
• Assemble units:Mount compressor, condenser, and other components Cut, bend and braze specified piping to inlets and outlets of components; using proper brazing techniques (nitrogen purging, wet rags, etc.) and following standard procedures. Assemble and install plumbing fittings and thread pipes. Cut and Install insulation as specified in BOM. Assemble sheet metal cabinet
Interested and qualified candidates for the Plumbing and Refrigeration Technician opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.
If you have any further questions, please contact Emily Blekking at (269)324-2715
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001
APPLY FOR JOB