Snelling is seeking a maintenance technician that will be working in custom profile plastic extrusion setting as a maintenance technician mechanic repairing various production machines such as pullers and presses along with other extrusion downstream and fabricating machines. Must be comfortable troubleshooting, have a background in manufacturing and mechanically inclined.
Pay: $20.00- $22.00
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
• Maintenance technician repairs and maintains physical structures, under supervision, using hand and power tools.
• Paints structures, performs masonry work, and repairs plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
• Makes repairs to tools and equipment.
• Repairs, maintains and installs low voltage electrical systems, appliances and fixtures.
• Measures, cuts, bonds, threads, assemble and installs electrical conduit.
• Moves, installs and adjusts appliances, fixtures, motors and other electrical/mechanical equipment for safety.
• Maintenance technician patches concrete and performs repairs on roof and furniture.
• Assists higher level mechanics and performs other duties as assigned.
• Requests assistance from others for any problems beyond area of knowledge or expertise.
• Uses a variety of hand and power tools.
• Follows detailed instructions from others or written format.
• Makes routine checks on equipment; documents status; completes necessary reports.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES OF THE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
• Able to work independently and part of a team.
• Able to accept responsibility.
• Able to read and follow detailed instructions.
• Willing to adhere to safety requirements.
Anyone interested in the maintenance technician position please respond to the should apply directly for immediate consideration and/or call our office at 847-640-6618 for any questions.
Des Plaines, Illinois 60018
APPLY FOR JOB