SNELLING STAFFING OF ROSEVILLE HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS AT OUR TIER 1 CLIENT LOCATED IN SAINT CLAIR SHORES.
$30-35/hour This position is contract for several months, but could transition to direct hire for the right candidates.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR ROLE: lead a group of production employees and material handlers in support of the production activities of the organization under demands of production quotas and deadlines. The department is structured as a formal team, and requires the ability to work within the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead a group of 40-50 employees and oversee work activities and engage in various forms of communication and judgment
• Monitor the production run to meet scheduling requirements
• Maintain/monitor quality standards and expectations
• Ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards
• Maintain 5S within plants
• Assist with new hire production and quality training
• Work with the team and line leaders to improve process flow and reduce operating expenses
• Reduce scrap through process improvements
• Control inventory – train operators in Plex
• Perform basic housekeeping to keep area clean and safe
• Various other duties as required by the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education-Associates degree in related field and/or equivalent experience and education
- Experience-Three+ years of supervisory experience in an automotive production environment
- Ability to Lead a group of employees in support of the production activities
- Ability to maintain adherence to established procedures and guidelines
- Strong knowledge of material flow processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to model company appropriate behaviors and to set proper examples for subordinates.
- Knowledge of TS16949 quality standards and ISO14001
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
- Communication skills to communicate and interact with all levels of employees
- Ability to work effectively with people
Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment.
Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment. Job requires very frequent visual effort and concentration, and the ability to move throughout the plant. The ability to lift 40 pounds is required. The work requires regular standing, moving about, and involves a variety of physical activities
If interested and qualified, please submit resume through the link provided, or call our office at 586-447-9690 for additional information.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan 48082
APPLY FOR JOB