Job Duties: Install, start-up and maintain a variety of weighing equipment to include but not limited to commercial grade scales, industrial heavy capacity trucks scales, batching and totalizing systems, medical & clinical, agricultural & livestock and cargo & transportation scales. Systems typically comprised of mechanical, electro-mechanical and fully electronic weighing systems and related monitoring loops. Service to be performed at customer’s site and in Clients work shop. Technician will also be responsible for service and diagnostic reports on applied equipment. Pre-Requisites: Applicants should be knowledgeable in the field of mechanical & electronic apparatus and have a background in Electronic Theories which enables him/her to Interpret and Work from Electronic Schematics to locate parts and trace circuits.
– Must be physically fit to move 50 lb. grip handle test weights (usually 50 ea. hand for even load for safe loading).
– Must have knowledge & understanding of basic electronics, use of meters & be able to read & follow electronic schematics, have general mechanical knowledge.
– Must have Valid Hawaii Driver’s License with clean record. Commercial Driver’s License helpful but not necessary.
– Must be able to Pass Security Clearances and drug tests as needed for Military, Harbors, Airports, and Other Vendor Qualification Requirements.
– Must be clean cut appearance and be fit for duty.
– Must have good command of English language to read, write, and communicate with colleagues and customers.
– Be able to travel inter-isle (most likely not so much at start but once certified, maybe once a week)
– Must have steel toe boots, other personal safety gear as needed, and basic set of mechanics tools (screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc.)
– If hired, must be able to pass the Scale Technician Certification Exam with State of Hawaii, QAD, Measurement Standards Branch and Pass All Security Requirements & Background checks.
Electronics Degree in Applied Science preferred.
-Must have good command of English language to read, write and communicate with colleagues and customers.
-Must be able to lift and carry 50 lb. weights in each hand and walk a distance of 50 feet without faltering or losing grip on handles.
-Must own and maintain a set of general mechanics tools. -Must own and wear Steel-toe shoes on daily basis.
-Must have Valid Hawaii Driver’s License and provide clean driving abstract if requested;
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
APPLY FOR JOB