3rd Shift Lead
3rd Shift Lead Job Description:
Snelling is currently hiring for a 3rd shift Lead position in Denton, Tx. Hourly pay is $17/hr. Shift starts at 9:50pm. Must be able to work overtime.
Lead Operator supports department employees and production supervisors
in overall daily department functions from press operators to filling in for lack of supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Arrive 30 minutes prior to shift
· Able to Man Shift
· Daily safety pre-shift inspection sheets
· Communicates with supervisor daily regarding daily instructions for production: notifies the supervisor of unresolved problems
· Exchanges work packets / labels with Label control
· Ensures that all press side documentation is properly filled out
· Check to verify that all operators in your area have read, signed and fully understand their work instructions and are being followed.
· Ensures that packed products in your defined area are conforming
· Reads and comprehends production packing procedures, includes all labeling procedures
· Assist with on the job training for new operators
· Helps perform safety audits
· Complies with all plant safety rules and OSHA guidelines
· When performing operator duties, maintains production standards
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment and all 5 S’ programs are adhered to.
· Coordinate and gives breaks in their assigned area
· Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or general education degree
Critical Skills & Competencies:
· Positive attitude toward their job and other employees
· Good Microsoft Office skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Thorough knowledge of molding department operations
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
· Alertness, creativity, judgment, initiative, speaking ability, mathematical ability, problem solving ability.
Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence in the English language. Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the organization. .
Physical and Visual Activities:
Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, acuity-far, acuity-near, depth perception and field of vision.
May require a combination of sitting, standing, and walking. May require lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance. Travel as required.
This position requires working in a shop and office environment. May be exposed to loud operating machinery, cold temperatures, chemicals and vapors.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
Personal computer, laptop, fax machine, copy machine, other office equipment, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, other software specific to this position’s duties.
Denton, Texas 76207
Miscellaneous Fabricated Metal Products
APPLY FOR JOB