Accountant (Pay Roll)
Position will require individual to support all auditing processes, month-end and year-end close. In addition, you will be responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll. The successful associate will be detailed oriented, displaying strong attention to detail, a high sense of confidentiality, and have a passion for accounting and financial reporting.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with GAAP and company policies.
- Perform and maintain monthly account reconciliations for the assigned area.
- Perform Credit Memo processes using the accounting system to generate customer credit invoices, update records, and collaborate with employees across all departments.
- Prepare Capital Appropriation request documentation with input from operations and management to comply with company policies.
- Support the quarterly and annual audit requests for areas of responsibility
- Support the quarterly and annual tax requests for areas of responsibility.
- Adhere to internal controls requirements and maintain documentation required for SOX compliance.
- Submit wire payment information for approved invoices in compliance with company policies.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as needed by collecting and analyzing data to support Mayday Management and Accounting department.
- Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for over 350 employees (both exempt and non-exempt) via Exponent HR payroll/HRIS suite.
- Coordinates efforts between the company’s HR and Payroll functions to include review of approved timesheets, as well as pay deductions, adjustments and other payroll-related matters.
- Compiles payroll data including time and attendance information, PTO, garnishments, 401(k) contributions, taxes, insurance, etc.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies and provides payroll information to approved parties as requested.
- Ensure tax information is correct and liaison with payroll system contacts to ensure accurate and timely tax filings.
- Process “off cycle” checks for terminations, pay changes, and commissions as necessary.
- Manage and generate various reports (including audit reports) from timekeeping and payroll systems for other departments.
- Collaborate and partner with Human Resources regarding new hires, terminations, and benefit deductions while ensuring timeliness of submitting documents accurately.
- Ensure that payrolls are processed timely and consistently based on payroll procedures.
- Assist employees, managers and HR with questions and issues regarding pay discrepancies, pay practices, process and procedures as well as payroll-related benefit questions.
- Verify payroll output. Document and file all appropriate back-up materials.
- Comply with Sarbanes Oxley Practices and be able to provide documentation on all items entered when requested.
- Conducts research of complex issues and participates in special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business with an emphasis in accounting required.
- Two plus years of prior experience in accounting required, preferably with payroll experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office application — Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- RRP experience, we utilize Made2Manage ERP.
- Ability to process confidential information in a professional manner.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting and payroll principles.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management skills, and the ability to prioritize various tasks to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret financial reporting data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Stable and successful career background.
- Strong and ethical performance history.
- Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as required.
Language & Communication Skills
- Ability to read and interpret customer and internal communications and common documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from internal and external customers.
Reasoning Ability & Mathematical Skills
Ability to apply general scientific and business mathematical techniques. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions.
Reaching, talking, hearing, repetitive motion; Sedentary work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work sitting frequently.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Accounting (payroll): 2 years (Required)
- ERP (MAde2Manage): 2 years (Required)
- MS office: 4 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor's (Required)- This is a requirement for now.
Denton, Texas 76207
APPLY FOR JOB