Our client is a global freight forwarding company that needs an Expeditor to join their team for a temporary to hire opportunity, M-F 8am to 5pm, pay is up to $22 per hour.
- Contact suppliers across the region to verify availability of the clients purchased goods
- Expedite all orders with status updates posted to a Global Tracking System
- Coordinate results with overseas offices and foreign client via e-mail and/or phone
- Arrange Domestic Transportation (courier, local truck, common carrier) of goods and track pick with carrier nominated
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Monitor and assist with discrepancy resolution, as needed
- Oil and Gas expediting and/or purchasing experience required
- Excellent communication skills – verbal/written
- Understanding of basic freight terms/INCO Terms/routing concepts
- Experience in domestic or international shipping is also required
- 1 to 3 years’ experience
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. The position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses – Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Houston, Texas 77032
APPLY FOR JOB