Snelling Staffing is seeking a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparation of accurate journal entries in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. This position also prepares account reconciliations, manages projects and prepares schedules for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements. The Staff Accountant will report to the CFO and will be based out of our Arlington Heights, Illinois office.
This position is responsible for accounting and month-end close activities which include journal entries, accruals, prepaids, expense reporting, billing, budget vs. actual, timekeeping, and account reconciliations across multiple locations (tracking Site activity, Site payments, and vendor payment management).
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Pay Rate: $26.00/hr
Responsibilities and Duties of the Staff Accountant
- Conduct month-end financial closing procedures including general and accrual journal entries and systems closes.
- Reconcile accounts, prepare journal entries, and providing other accounting support to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting closes.
- Assist in budget planning, preparation, and finalization.
- Assist in the preparation, analysis, and distribution of monthly financial statements including Budget vs. Actual, and management reports with accompanying schedules including but not limited to sales, revenue, expenses, forecasts, metrics, Site activity, and vendor payments.
- Support major financial projects such as year-end financial close, audit, tax, and budget preparation.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities. Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data. Assist department in identifying and implementing ongoing process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· General Ledger:
-Maintain the accounting records through the month-end closing of the accrual-system accounting records; to include the reconciliation of accounts and ledgers
-Develop and keep current reports for accounting, management, and the sales team including monthly commission reports, depreciation and amortization reports
Requirements of the Staff Accountant position
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 2 – 3 years of previous Accounting/General Ledger experience.
- Excellent accuracy, record keeping, organization, prioritization, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Ability to be responsible for handling highly confidential information and use of discretion is required.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills with various levels of associates from non-exempt to upper management required.
Associates interested in the Staff Accountant position should apply directly for immediate consideration and/or call our office at 847-640-6618 for any questions.
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60005
APPLY FOR JOB