We are working with a large manufacturer of construction materials located in NE Houston, that is seeking a Buyer to join their team. Hours for this direct hire opportunity are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. Salary is $40k to $55k annually.
Comprehensive Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays
Primary daily oversight and discretion for the development, implementation, administration and continuous improvement of planning and buying activities at the company’s cornerstone manufacturing facility in the U.S.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Is a safety champion in every activity. Proactively identifies potentially unsafe situations and immediately resolves and/or raises awareness to the appropriate individual(s).
• Accountable for delivering results that meet or exceed business targets related to fulfillment, inventory, purchasing, invoicing and customer satisfaction (both internal and external)
• Negotiates terms with vendors and potential vendors
• Masters existing company purchasing practices and suggests/implements changes upon approval
• Maintains supply inventory levels required for effective company operation
• Receives internal requests and expedites follow up on related to complaints from vendors
• Works closely with Accounts Payable in matching Purchase Orders and makes applicable order corrections as necessary.
• Provides requests to suppliers and vendors on behalf of internal customers; follows up with internal customers regarding vendor/supplier commitments
• Continuous monitoring of inventory levels for raw materials, MRO goods, and all other stock items on site.
• Collaborates with Central Purchasing and Planning as needed regarding major commodity orders. Places purchase orders for needed consumables.
• Responsible for quality management of products procured and provides feedback to suppliers and central buyers to resolve quality issues
• Records, tracks and communicates the receipt of raw materials
• Places purchase orders and manages respective vendors and payment issues
• Collaborates with EHS, Maintenance, and Manufacturing Engineering teams on quotations, purchasing, invoicing, billing, and supplier management
• Responsible for RAW material receiving transactions, RAW adjustments in the system, and reconciliation for all RAW including zinc & rod.
• Supports logistics with RAW incoming invoicing, billing, and freight purchase orders
• Supports planning of events with HR ensuring purchasing, billing, supplies, and pricing is on time and optimized
• Creates LIPS for internal purchasing from plants/service centers
• Manages purchase order report
NECESSARY SKILLS, BACKGROUND & COMPENTENCIES:
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Proven history of effective supply management
• Superior organizations, Multi-tasking and policy administration abilities
• Bi-lingual in English/Spanish desirable
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Lifting up to 25lbs.
• Advanced degree preferred. High school diploma/GED required.
• 3+ years’ experience working independently in a planning, buying, or purchasing role
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses – Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Houston, Texas 77032
APPLY FOR JOB