Snelling is looking for a Loan Correspondent for a mortgage company in Grand Rapids.
The Loan Correspondent requires attention to detail and professionalism to be successful.
8:30am – 5:30pm M – F
$14 – $16 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the Loan Correspondent:
* Act as primary point of contact for all correspondent loan transactions.
* Work with underwriting and purchasing department to collect information needed from correspondent and help to expedite the underwriting/purchasing process.
* Interact with lenders to assist understanding with respect to loan policy practices and laws and how they can impact a Correspondent mortgage loan funding.
* Utilize systems in place, including automated underwriting to ensure credit guidelines are met.
* Manage expected service level related to condition clearing.
* Review and manage pipeline to ensure maximum pull through rate.
* Serve as main communication point as it pertains to loan status, loan scenarios and credit guideline criteria.
* Provide feedback to both Account Executives & Correspondent Lenders.
* Provide support to underwriting, and funding and Sales team.
* Provide loan updates as needed to correspondent lender on files in underwriting or files being reviewed for purchase.
* Set loans up for purchase in the system and stage appropriately, prepare purchase advice once docs are fully approved and loan has been funded.
* Keep sales team informed of any potential issues and make them aware of training needs/opportunities with their clients.
* Maintain knowledge of Company policies and procedures, in addition to private investor and portfolio Credit Policy and Guidelines.
* Serve as an intermediary for loan issues with Sales, Correspondent clients and other related departments.
Requirements for the Loan Correspondent:
Previous banking or mortgage/loan experience
Great at multi tasking
Excellent attention to detail
Qualified candidates interested in the Loan Correspondent position should submit a resume for immediate consideration.
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
APPLY FOR JOB