This key position is responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of both internal and external customers through operational and supply chain functions within the warehouse distribution center. Daily decisions will be made affecting customer satisfaction by meeting all account fulfillment requirements and order accuracy. Maintenance of the front line interaction with vendors and external customers regarding all aspects of customer support and management of escalated issues and collaboration with department leaders to expedite resolution. Must be an excellent collaborator that enjoys working in a team environment with accelerated team goals. This position has two jobsites, one in Oakland, CA and Hayward, CA so candidates must be flexible to work in either location each week as needed.
Customer Service Duties:
• Work closely with 3PL and the company staff to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
• Make daily decisions affecting customers overall satisfaction through process improvement and the completion of daily priorities.
• Decide daily on error and/or issue resolutions. Manage vendor relationships enabling expedited corrective action(s).
• Manage complex customer service-related phone calls and emails.
• Maintain liaison with other departments for successful and timely order completion.
• Contact customer/sales broker/sales representative to ascertain data omitted on orders and issue resolution.
• Prepare and forward preliminary instruction for shortages, returns and replacements when required.
• Communicate warehouse restrictions to appropriate team(s).
• Oversee email and redirect/respond as necessary.
• Conduct weekly meetings with the CSR data entry 3PL staff ensuring the adherence to customer service policies.
• Maintain activity logs and provide clear and accurate operational reports as requested.
• Conduct SAGE data entry and correspondence training for all new CSR department additions at 3PL partner(s).
• Schedule and organize weekly activity meetings with 3PL management team to review all errors and activity that occurred in current week. With a focus on corrective actions and preventative measures.
• Conduct monthly meetings with Finance and Sales OPS for department check-in and activity review.
• Collaborate with the Director of Supply Chain Operations and the Director of Distribution Operations on maintaining inventory accuracy at 3PL. Monitor for short-expiry, short-lots, damaged and lost inventory. Maintain adequate dunnage and carton supply for 3PL shipments.
• Order data entry into the SAGE ERP/WMS system.
• Process EDI and complex purchase orders. Apply general account changes and notes in SAGE/CRM. Manage the data entry quality control program.
• Audit and supervise the data entry process conducted by 3PL partner. QC all data entry prior to order release in SAGE. Release approved orders for fulfillment. Manage the data entry quality control program.
• Work in coordination with Sales OPS and Finance on the customer onboarding process.
• Provide back-up support when needed for the Freight Manager and Director of Distribution Operations.
• Maintain knowledge of product line, class of trade, pricing, delivery lead times, various marketing promotional projects, and similar data, as required.
• EDI coordination – collect, review and input data for inbound (PO’s) and shipped orders (invoices). Audit output data, identify and resolve problems. Report all EDI issues to the Freight Manager to ensure EDI system is properly maintained.
• Submit and/or update all customer ASN’s and routing requests in a timely manner.
• RMA generation – collect, review and input data. Work in coordination with Sales and Finance.
• Maintain customer requirement files in an organized and accurate manner. Maintain SAGE CRM accuracy.
• Create and/or maintain the training CS documentation and related resource docs
(price lists, process docs etc.)
• Communicate and enforce company policies when relaying direction to 3PL partners.
• Identify, recommend and support the implementation of various initiatives to improve ongoing operational results.
• Perform in a fast-paced environment using team building skills to handle peak shipping periods and deadlines. Prioritize daily tasks and projects to meet fulfillment needs and deadlines.
• Comfortable working in a warehouse environment (e.g., hot/cold temperatures, dust, noise from trucks loading/unloading).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service or help desk capacity required.
- Excellent Excel experience and knowledge is a must.
- ERP and WMS experience required. SAGE experience preferred.
- General warehouse and order fulfillment knowledge preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with EDI transmissions a plus.
- Proficient with UPS World Ship, FedEx and DHL a plus.
- Amazon FBA, Walmart, Target, UNFI, distributor experience a plus.
Resumes must be sent for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org and salary DOE.
Oakland, California 94606
APPLY FOR JOB