Our client is a Houston-based supplier of safety and industrial products that seeks a Receptionist for a temporary to hire opportunity. Hours are M-F 8am to 5pm, pay is $13 to $13.75 per hour Bilingual is a plus, but not required.
The Receptionist supports the strategic business objective by ensuring customers and office personnel receive the best in class service. This position will have a professional appearance and attitude.
- Greets on-site visitors, determines nature of business and directs visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls using switchboard, determines purpose of call and forwards to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voicemail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Retrieves messages from voicemail daily for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to location, company fax numbers, and other related information.
- Maintains security by following procedures for opening and closing of front office, monitoring logbook and observing who enters and leaves building.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of mail services by receiving, sorting and forwards mail to the office.
- Responsible for keeping stock and ordering of office supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas.
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects at one time.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities for the most efficient use of time.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work as an independent contributor with little supervision or as an active team member depending on the situation and needs.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism to a wide range to customers and personnel.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year(s) of experience in clerical/administrative work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a professional office setting, business casual environment. Working extended hours may be required as needed. This position requires that the employee be on site 100% of his/her work schedule.
The physical demands for this position include exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally. This position is considered sedentary work, which involves sitting most of the time; walking and standing are required, as well as on occasion. Telephone and computer work are typically required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses – Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Houston, Texas 77066
APPLY FOR JOB