Our client is a Houston-based supplier of safety and industrial products that seeks a Billing Clerk for a temporary to hire opportunity. Hours are M-F 8am to 5pm, pay is $13 per hour
The Billing Clerk position supports the strategic business objective by ensuring the administrative accounting needs are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for daily billing and generation of invoices
- Respond to customers through email and/or phone
- Maintain customer records in Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Process all credit card payments within 24 hours of receiving.
- Invoice submittal through portals, mail and email.
- Ensure that invoices are revised as needed
- Responsible for billing small batches of orders.
- Assists Accounting department as backup when needed for various duties such as relieving the front desk receptionist during lunch or breaks
- Performs other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager
- Pays extreme attention to detail when working with accounting data
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects at one time.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities for the most efficient use of time
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and participate as an independent contributor with little supervision or as an active team member depending on the situation and needs.
- Ability to multi-task while under pressure
- Maintain a high level of professionalism to all departments for accounting needs
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as cross-functionally
- Eager to learn and catch on quickly
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity in accounts receivable, billing and collections for 1 year is a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Great Plains is a plus
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a professional office setting, business casual environment. Working extended hours may be required as needed. This position requires that the employee be on site 100% of his/her work schedule.
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses – Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Houston, Texas 77066
APPLY FOR JOB