Patient Financial Services Representative–Greeley, CO
This position conducts registration, point of service collections and obtains authorizations and forms needed to maximize reimbursement. Document all facets of the registration process and meet accuracy goals as determined by management. Collect payments and meet regular collection targets as determined by management. Demonstrates the ability to collect payments, to resolve customer issues and provide excellent customer service. Perform financial counseling when appropriate.
Schedule: Varies, must be able to work nights, days, weekends, holidays. Hours and shifts will vary.
Essential Functions of the Patient Financial Services Representative
1. Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies eligibility and obtains authorizations, submits
notifications and verifies authorizations for services. Verifies patient’s demographics and accurately inputs this
information into A/D/T system, including documenting the account thoroughly in order to maximize
reimbursement and minimize denials/penalties from the payor(s). Obtains federally/state required information
and all consents and documentation required by the patient’s insurance plan(s). Must be able to consistently
meet monthly individual accuracy goal as determine by management.
2. Verifies and understands insurance benefits, Collects patient responsibility based on estimates at the time
of service or during the pre-registration process. As assigned collection attempts may be made at the bedside.
Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual collection target as determined by management.
3. May provide financial counseling to patients and their families. Explains company financial policies and
provides information as to available resources. Assists patients with applying for Medicaid. Assists patients
with completing all financial assistance programs (i.e.: basic financial assistance, enhanced financial
assistance, prompt pay discount, loan program).
4. Acts as a liaison between the patient, the billing department, vendors, physician offices and the payor to
enhance account receivables performance and meet payment collection goals, resolve outstanding issues
and/or patient concerns and maximize service excellence.
5. Communicates with physicians, clinical and hospital staff, nursing and Health Information Management
Services to resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Work to meet the patient’s needs in financial
6. Consistently meets monthly individual productivity goal as determined by management. Completes daily
assignments/work lists, keeps electronic productivity log up to date and inputs information accurately.
Identifies opportunities to improve process and practices good teamwork.
7. Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned functions such as
transporting patients, may precept new hire employees, recapping daily deposits, posting daily deposits or
conducting other work assignments of the Patient Financial Services team.
Patient Financial Services Representative Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Customer service skills
- Previous experience with financial transactions
- Ability to learn medical terminology, and understanding of all common insurance and payor types
- Basic computer skills–word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and communication skills
Greeley, Colorado 80631
APPLY FOR JOB