SNELLING is currently seeking a hands-on Controller/Accounting Manager in the East Texas area. The primary function of this position is to plan, coordinate, record and supervise the financial activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities throughout the company.
This position will be a direct hire, meaning that while SNELLING would work with you through the consideration and interview process, the client would be the employer upon an offer being accepted. The value you receive in working with SNELLING is that we consult with you to help highlight your qualifications that are going to be most valued by the employer. If you are seeking an exciting opportunity with a growing company, keep reading…
Responsibilities of the Controller / Accounting Manager related to directing the accounting functions for the company will include:
- Direct the activities of the company’s accounting department.
- Responsible for the coordination and monthly financial close process, as well as analyzing and reporting financial data to the management team
- Responsible for weekly cash forecasting and reporting/reconciliation processes related to cash management
- Prepare and review WIP Schedule to verify completeness for revenue recognition
- Responsibility for inter-company transactions and reconciliation.
- Preparation of standard monthly journal entries, financial statements and analysis
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting to President and CPA.
- Manage accounting processes related to benefits and booking of related entries (i.e. medical insurance/401K/PTO)
- Manage monthly balance sheet account reconciliations per company policy
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting control policies and procedures as required by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the maintenance of the financial accounting system
- Prepares reports and statistics reflecting revenues, profits, asset balances, liabilities, and other financial results.
- Provides reports required by management, public accountants, banks, and government agencies
- Supervises all aspects of AP and AR
- Prepares weekly payroll and prepares journal entries related to payroll
- Responsible for expense reconciliation
Qualifications to be considered for the Controller / Accounting Manager position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area required
- Certified Public Accountant strong preferred
- 7+ years of progressive experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller involving supervision of others
- 3+ years of construction accounting Experience
- Advanced software skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and strong interpersonal skills are requisite
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time with proven time management skills.
Experience with Sage and ProCore a plus.
Compensation for this position will depend on the educational and relevant professional employment experience of the selected candidate. A full benefits package is available.
SNELLING is a contingency recruiting firm, placing candidates in direct hire positions for over 60 years. All inquiries are strictly confidential and all search fees are paid by our clients. Contact us TODAY with confidence!
Lindale, Texas 75771
Heavy Construction/ Except Highway and Street Construction, Construction Special Trade Contractors
APPLY FOR JOB