A Floor Merchandiser primary role is to assist customers in the in-store process. Main duties include stocking shelves ans assisting customers with questions.
a. Stock, rotate, merchandise, and face product according to department procedure.
b. Pull, record, and dispose of short-date, low-quality, damaged, and return items following
established procedures. Record department shrinkage promptly and accurately.
• Must have basic computer skills.
Floor Merchandiser Job Description
• Must have excellent customer service skills – project a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be a team player.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as department manual.
• Must be organized and able to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Must have great attention to detail, ability to prioritize effectively, and demonstrate good judgment.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business – evening and weekend shifts
may be required, including availability for special events.
• Must be able to stand, bend, reach and lift repeatedly for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. and occasionally 50 lbs.
d. Take initiative to assist customers with product questions, in prompt, friendly, courteous manner,
referring them to other staff when necessary. Offer suggestions for purchases and ways to use
products, offering tastes and samples when appropriate.
g. Follow security procedures. Alert management of potential shoplifters, disorderly customers, and
II. Internal Communication
a. Provide excellent internal service to all staff members, maintaining an attitude of goodwill toward
yourself and others.
b. Communicate openly and honestly with all others in the organization and be respectful at all times.
e. Take initiative to identify, report, and resolve problems before they escalate.
III. Personal Effectiveness
b. Understand and adhere to organizational and departmental policy and procedures.