Full time opportunity to join an industry-leading freight forwarder in North Houston near IAH. Our client seeks a Inventory Specialist for a temporary to hire opportunity, M-F 8am to 5pm, $17 to $19 per hour.
Responsible for maintaining daily inventory accuracy through the Cycle counting program.
• Conduct daily cycle counts using an RF Scanner to ensure Inventory accuracy against the system.
• Maintain product identification and location
• Move product to consolidate sku’s into fewer locations as directed.
• Use Simple Problem Solving to determine root cause of inventory discrepancy within a location.
• Periodic review of MRB (Material Review Board) Inventory with the warehouse leader.
• Assist with the resolution of parts discrepancies as found during the cycle counting process.
• Work with direct leadership and Customer inventory leader on inventory accuracy.
• Physical Inventory – Ensure cycle count accuracy throughout the year to maintain PI exemption
• Communicate and develop process enhancements as needed (performs root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies and recommends process improvements to eliminate them)
• Work with warehouse management to ensure materials are properly stored and secure in an orderly manner consistent with established company and customer procedures
• Conducts monthly self-audits including shelf life of hazardous materials
• Works with warehouse management to ensure cleaning and maintenance tasks are completed to support inventory accuracy and cleanliness
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent for this position.
• Must be able to work efficiently in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment, while keeping correct data.
• 2+ years of related experience preferred
• Working Knowledge of quality and inventory control
• Ability to read and interpret part specification diagrams
• Experience with the use of handheld scanners and personal computers
• Forklift and HAZMAT certification ( If none, we will provide)
• Knowledge of automated ERP systems and processes (Oracle Preferred)
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. as part of the job function.
• Ability to operate in warehouse environment
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Maintain a high level of vigilance regarding EHS and the use of proper PPE
• Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
• Must be organized and have the ability to complete an accurate count on items received.
• Highly Organized, Detail oriented with ability to carry out instructions and processes with minimal supervision
• Self-managing and pro-active
• Ability to work in a team
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses – Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Houston, Texas 77032
APPLY FOR JOB