SNELLING is currently seeking an experienced accounting candidate with supervisory experience for a Controller opportunity with an established East Texas organization. The Controller will function as the primary accounting manager, responsible for all financial aspects of the organization, and work in a hands-on manner maintain cash flow, collect income and pay debts. Additionally, the Controller will be expected to provide the management team with up-to-date information regarding insurance and potential liabilities related to local and state regulations. Finally, the Controller will need to be forward looking, providing the management team with cash projections and other specialized reporting as requested by the Managing Director.
This Controller position will be direct hire, meaning that while SNELLING would work with you through the consideration and interview process, an offer of employment would come directly from the client. The value you receive in working with SNELLING is that we consult with you to help highlight your qualifications that are going to be most valued by the client.
The major areas of responsibility for the Controller position include:
• Supervise daily accounting operations, verify and authorize payroll and cash disbursements, develop and implement procedures for the recording of sales and collection and processing of financial data
• Advise and guide department heads on matters of record keeping
• Oversee and verify departmental inventory procedure
• Maintain data and generate reports as directed by the General Manager and as required by government regulations. Prepares and oversees the preparation of the organizations sales and payroll tax returns. Stores and retains documents as required.
• Along with the Managing Director, compiles the annual operating and capital budgets.
• Oversees billing and collection.
• Prepare a monthly statement of cash flow, profit and loss report, and balance sheet to be released to the Managing Director by the 15th of each month
• Conduct analysis of costs, seeking to maximize efficiencies where possible.
• Act as office manager over the accounting office and staff. (Monitors efficiency, accuracy, and daily assignments, providing corrective coaching on an ongoing basis.) Reviews staff for performance on an annual basis.
Qualifications to be considered for the Controller position include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or business administration
• Minimum of 5-year’s experience supervising another employee in a professional office setting
• Proficiency using MS Office products, in particular, MS Excel. Must also be proficient in having used accounting industry software and be willing to learn new systems to support the main functions of the accounting function
• Full comprehension of how to process payroll, payroll taxes and produce associated reports
• Prior experience calculating and filing sales tax returns
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Must have excellent time management skills and be detail oriented
SNELLING is a contingency recruiting firm, placing candidates in flexible (temp/temp-to-hire) and direct hire positions for over 60 years. All inquiries are strictly confidential, and all search fees are paid by our clients. Contact us TODAY with confidence!
To be considered for this Controller opportunity, please visit our website at tyler.snelling.com and complete our application. Please be sure to include your relevant experience on our application form or your resume as described in this posting.