Snelling Medical is recruiting a Registered Nurse for a fast-paced private practice. This is a full-time opportunity offering full benefits and great hours.
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse:
• Initiating IV treatment by inserting and monitoring IV Catheter
• Calculate dose, prepare medication for infusion
- Initiate infusion piggyback medication onto existing IV set and monitor appropriate flow rate
• Perform vital signs every 30 minutes during IV treatments
- Document all needed information on treatment record while verifying that all information is correct and up to date based on physician order
• Evaluate patients for illness/infection
- Discuss any problems/issues/concerns with physicians
• Dispense/administer medications as ordered by physicians
- Keep patients comfortable during treatment
- Send labs in system that need to be done
- Order, retrieve, and store supplies
- Clean chairs and equipment daily or more often in necessary
- Ensure that all infusion techs are following protocols and procedures
- Ensure that all protocols and procedures are updated. If new medication created the protocol.
• Registered Nurse acts as a liaison between the physicians and the infusion department
• Monthly staff meetings focused on patient care and daily huddle
- Keep abreast of any new infusion medications, regulations, etc.
- Maintain an attractive and comfortable environment for patients with special consideration to cleanliness, safety, ventilation, lighting, and supplies
- Communicate effectively with physicians and other office staff as well as with outside entities
- Display professionalism in all duties and treat patients and employees with courtesy and respect
- Follow all policies as laid out in the Employee Manual
• Complete all required compliance training
- Train other employees to perform assigned duties as needed
- All other duties as assigned by the physicians or Practice Manager
Qualifications for Registered Nurse:
- 3 Years experience
- Infusion experience a plus
- Must have reliable transportation
$32-$36 p/h depends on experience
Friday if needed
Employees are allowed two 10-minute breaks and one half-hour lunch per eight-hour shift. On short days employees are allowed one 10-minute break and one half-hour lunch.